How to Install Your New GuardianAlert System
If you just purchased a GuardianAlert system for you or a loved one, you may be wondering how to get it up and running. In any case, we hope this step-by-step installation guide will make it easy so you can get the most out of your new system. If at any point you need help, please contact us at 1 (800) 519-2419 so we can point you in the right direction.
1. Make sure your kit came with all the necessary equipment.
Your new GuardianAlert system includes the GuardianAlert base and pendent, AC adapter, lanyard, belt clip, phone cord, line splitter, screwdriver, and a battery for the pendent. If you purchased optional accessories like the lockbox or emergency battery backup, you will also find them with your kit.
2. Install the battery
The battery may already be installed in the pendant. Press the white TEST Button for 1 second on the bottom of the pendant to check. If battery is not installed, use the enclosed screwdriver to unscrew the two small screws and remove the battery cover.
- Insert the rechargeable Lithium Ion battery into the pendant making sure the Negative or Silver side is facing up toward the antenna.
- Replace the cover and use the screwdriver to tighten the two screws.
NOTE: This is NOT a disposable AAA battery. It is a Lithium Ion 10440 and should provide years of service, but if you need to replace it, please call Customer Service at 1-800-519-2419.
3. Plug cords into the back of the base
Do not plug the AC Adapter (power cord) into an outlet that is controlled by an On/Off switch on the wall, to avoid accidentally turning off the base. Before your first use, be sure to fully charge pendant by putting it in the charging cradle prior to use. It may take 3 to 4 hours to ensure a full charge. The Charging Light on the pendant will be Red when charging and turn solid Green when fully charged. We recommend that the pendant be fully charged monthly.
- Plug AC Adapter (power cord) into back of base unit and into a working power outlet.
- The Yellow POWER light will illuminate.
4. Plug cords into power and telephone service
If you have wireless or VoIP telephone service through the Internet, (for example: MagicJack,Ooma, Vonage, etc.) make sure that your 911 service is enabled and set up with your correct address. If you take your modem to another location, call your phone provider to update 911 services to your new location, then place a test call to 911 to verify your address. Also, If you only have one telephone jack, plug the splitter in the back of the base.
- Plug one end of the phone cord into the phone jack on the back of the base unit.
- Plug the other end into a working phone jack in the wall or modem.
5. Test the system
- Push the WHITE test button on bottom of pendant for 4 seconds.
- Listen for voice prompt from the pendant:
i. “All Systems are OK” is heard if the system is correctly installed.
ii. If any other voice prompt is heard, the unit will describe the problem.
a. “Cannot detect telephone line” - Plug telephone cord into a working phone jack
b. “Cannot detect dial tone” - An extension phone is off the hook.
c. “Recharge battery soon” - Place pendant in charging base for 3-4 hours.
d. “Base and pendant out of range” - There is no power to the base, or the base
and pendant are not communicating. If the power light on the base is on, follow
instructions below (#5) to synchronize.
We recommend that you perform the 4 second System Test and the 1 second Battery Test every two weeks.
6. Place an emergency call
- Press the BLUE EMERGENCY button for 2 seconds:
- The Guardian Alert calls 911 and user talks to the 911 operator using the speakerphone in the pendant.
- Call can be ended one of two ways:
i. After 3 minutes of silence, the Guardian Alert automatically ends the call.
ii. User pushes the white TEST button on the bottom of the pendant to end the call and hang up.
- The Guardian Alert pendant announces “Hanging Up” and returns to Standby.
If you place a call to 911 to test, it is important that you stay on the phone and tell them you were testing your phone’s 911 feature.
7. Synchronize base to a new pendant
If you replace a pendant, you will need to synchronize the new one to your base:
- Press and hold the Setup button for 4 seconds. When the Scanning light starts flashing, release the Setup button.
- Press and hold the Blue emergency button and the White test button until the pendant LED starts flashing Red/Green. The flashing Scanning LED on base and flashing LED on pendant will turn OFF when learned. (You have about 20 seconds to press and
hold the pendant buttons.)
- Perform system check to confirm success.
8. If you need help, call LogicMark support.
Technology can be a pain. If at any point you start having trouble installing or troubleshooting your new GuardianAlert system, please contact us at 1 (800) 519-2419. We're happy to help. You can also visit our dealer resources section to download copies of GuardianAlert's instruction manual and quickstart guides in English as well as Spanish and French.