How To Install Your New FreedomAlert System
So you just unboxed your new FreedomAlert! You may be wondering how to set up some of its unique features like call-forwarding, or you may just need some help with the installation and programming of your contacts. In any case, we hope this step-by-step installation guide will make it easy so you can get the most out of your new system. If at any point you need help, please contact us at 1 (800) 519-2419 so we can point you in the right direction.
1. Make sure your kit came with all the necessary equipment
Your new FreedomAlert system includes the FreedomAlert base, a two-way voice pendant, two lithium-ion pendant batteries, four AA base batteries, a telephone cord, an AC power adapter, a lanyard, a wrist strap, and a belt clip. If your kit doesn't include everything you see here, be sure to contact us so we can get those items to you.
Additionally, your device comes with an instruction manual. You can use this to help you program phone numbers to your system. It will also give you information on how to best use the device and how to maintain it so it will continue to serve its purpose years to come. Please click here to view all of our FreedomAlert Guides and Manuals.
2. Place batteries into the bottom of the base
- Place the Green AA Rechargeable Batteries in the compartment on the bottom of the base unit.
- Make sure to align positive to positive and negative to negative by matching the symbols on the batteries to the symbols on the base. Check the picture for correct orientation.
- Turn ON/OFF switch to ON. You will hear the announcement “Running on Battery Power.” The unit will do so until the AC Adapter power supply is plugged into the wall and to the unit.
- Place one pendant battery in the Pendant Battery Charger on the front of the base. The charging light key is as follows:
RED Light = Charging
GREEN Light = Battery Charged
No Light = Defective battery or no battery installed